The centre is set in an important rural area next to El Fayal in Puntagorda. Light contamination is non-existent.
It has a clear eastern horizon from which you can see spectacular sunsets. From here, you can observe in all four latitudes with an large field of view. Once night sets in, the clouds part, leaving an excellent, starry sky.
In general, you can observe the main constellations of each season and its stars. The place is also ideal for deep sky observations, all of it accompanied by our instructors and our services which make the place ideal for group and family observation.
- Municipality: Puntagorda
- Altitude: 850 m.
- GPS: 28º 46’ 8.10” N ; 17º 57’ 5” W
- Contact: +34 922 49 33 06 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Number of rooms: 3 cabins with 10 beds, 2 cabins with 4 beds.
- Maximum capacity: 38 people (Maximum group of 30 people).
- Average price: 10 Euros a night per person.
- Equipment: 1 Celestron Nexstar 5 SE telescope, 1 Konus 130 telescope with motor, 1 Celestron Astromaster 90EQ telescope, several lenses, 1 Celestron SkyMaster 20×80 binoculars, 3 8×50 binoculars, planispheres adjusted to Canarian coordinates, large library and video library, computer with specialized programs, lounge for lectures and workshop activities.
- Likelihood of observing on the premises: The Centre has several areas adapted for observation, with 220v power outlets.
- Nearby lighting: None
- Sky quality: 9/10