11º Concurso internacional de Astrofotografía 2019
“LA PALMA 2019” 11th INTERNATIONAL ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. This is an international competition for astronomy amateurs.
2. Regarding the subject of the pictures, there are two categories:
• “Cielo Profundo” (Deep Sky)
• “Paisaje Astronómico desde La Palma” (Astronomical Landscape from La Palma).
3. The subject of the pictures presented should be astronomical. They can be taken using any astrophotography technique (by means of telescopes, cameras on tripods, CCD, digital or chemical cameras), processed or not. The pictures must be original and unpublished not having been made known by any means. Images that are not unpublished will be invalidated and removed from the competition. If after the conclusion of the contest it was found that the winner image was not unpublished, the Cabildo Insular de La Palma will request the refund of the prize, increased in the amount of the legal interest foreseen in the Ley de Presupuestos Generales del Estado.
4. Every participant, who must be over 18 years old, is allowed to present up to a maximum of 3 pictures in each category.
5. The evaluation criteria will be the following: Artistic Quality, Photographic quality, Originality and Means used.
6. Pictures must have 200 dpi and they must be presented in a CD-ROM, in TIFF or JPEG format with a resolution such as they can be enlarged up to 60x40cm without pixellating. Besides, a 20×30 cm copy on paper without frame must be provided.
7. Participants will present every work with a title. This information must be included in the CD-ROM as well as on the back side of every picture. Vertical position of every shot must be indicated.
8. Every picture should include an index card describing its features and characteristics, such as the material which has been used, exposure time, guiding technique, the camera which has been used, the place where it was taken, the date, the software which was used and so on.
9. To control the authenticity and authorship of the works, every participant must enclose a closed envelope including his/her personal information: name, surname, Identity Card number, date of birth, address, telephone number and e-mail address as well as a sworn statement about the authorship and the originality of the work.
10. Works should be sent to the “Servicio de Cultura y Patrimonio Histórico del Excmo. Cabildo Insular de la Palma”. Avenida Marítima 3, 5th floor. 38700 Santa Cruz de La Palma”. On the envelope, the following information must be specified: “Concurso de Astrofotografía La Palma 2019”, the pseudonym of the participant and the category in which they are participating. Shipping costs shall be borne by the participants.
11. The Excmo. Cabildo Insular de La Palma releases from any responsibility from any lost or damage of the works which have been presented for this competition.
12. The judging panel will be composed by the Consejero Delegado de Cultura y Patrimonio Histórico or the person she will designate, who will be the chairman of the jury, three members of the Observatorio del Roque de Los Muchachos appointed by the Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC), one member of the Reserva Mundial de la Biosfera; a representative of the School of Art “Manolo Blahnik” chosen by the school; and a professional or of recognized prestige photographer. The Secretary of the judging panel will be the Jefe de Servicio de Cultura y Patrimonio Histórico or the person designated by him who will exercise the functions of public faith legally foreseen.
13. Deadline for presenting pictures is November, 16th 2019. Those pictures showing on the envelope that they have been posted before or on this deadline will be considered as having been presented in time. The same will be applied for those showing on the delivery note of the courier that they have been sent before or on the deadline. Works handed in, posted or sent after this deadline will not be accepted.
14. The decision of the judging panel will be communicated to winners before December, 10th 2019. Later, it will be publicly communicated to the media in the website of the Excmo. Cabildo Insular la Palma: www.cabildolapalma.es. (Premios y Concursos. Premio Astrofotografía 2019). The decision will not be open to appeal.
15. The following prizes will be given:
“Deep Sky” Category:
First prize: 2,500 €
“Astronomical Landscape from La Palma” Category:
First prize: 2,000 €
The judging panel will also grant as many honorific mentions as they will consider necessary.
16. Prizes will be indivisible and it will be possible to declare them void.
17. Prizes will be charged to the budget item 334.640.00 of the Cabildo Insular de la Palma for the financial year 2019.
18. Participating in this competition implies that participants accept, without limitations or reservations whatsoever, its regulations and rules. Besides, it implies that authors of the pictures are committed not to taking them away before the decision has been made public.
19. The awarded images will become the property of the Excmo. Cabildo Insular de La Palma, being included in the amounts of the awards the remuneration for the exploitation rights and exhibition in its broadest sense including, therefore, reproduction, exhibition and dissemination, distribution, public communication and transformation in any format or medium, known or not at present, in relation to which reference will always be made to their authors. However, the authors of the winning pictures may request this Cabildo Insular authorization to make use of them in publications related to astronomy and free of charge.
20. After the decision a maximum of 30 of the best pictures will be chosen and the Excmo. Cabildo Insular de La Palma would organize a travelling exhibition within the next twelve months of the decision of the judging panel. The Excmo. Cabildo Insular de La Palma will use and reproduce, without receiving any monetary compensation, the chosen pictures to promote de award nationally or internationally. The pictures will always include the name of their author. The order in which the photos selected for the exhibition are shown is random.
21. Those authors whose pictures have been chosen, will be sent a certificate stating that they have taken part in the exhibition.
22. The Excmo. Cabildo Insular de La Palma, organizer of the competition, reserves the right to make modifications or take initiatives not regulated in the present regulations, provided that the same will contribute to greater success in the competition.
23. According to the Spanish Ley Orgánica 15/1999, de 13 de diciembre de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal (the Spanish data protection act), all the personal information the participants will give us will become part of a file for internal use of the Excmo. Cabildo Insular de la Palma. Avenida Marítima 3. 38700 Santa Cruz de La Palma. They can write to the Cabildo Insular to ask for correction, access to, removal or objection of it.
24.Prizes of this competition, according to the current Spanish legislation, will be subject to the Spanish Impuesto sobre la Renta de las Personas Físicas, the Spanish income tax.